The Republic of Germany which is otherwise known as Germany is a well-recognised country spreading in the borders of central and western Europe. The country is made of 16 states and after Russia Germany comes on the second spot in the context of European’s most populous Nation.
Berlin is the official capital of Germany which is also the biggest city in the country and is also known as the heart of Germany. The majority of the German population is urbanized with the high standard of education and living while the country has the overall developed economy in all respects.
MBBS in Germany- Overview
Education is the core developed sector of Germany as the major budget of government goes to make the education free of cost for the German citizens. The cost of education is still almost free but for the international students the cost of living and other charges add up to make the cost quite high.
There are the significant numbers of the medical aspirants in India who want to study MBBS in Germany and here in this article we are basically going to guide all those Indian students by providing them with all the relevant information regarding the MBBS program from Germany such as the admission procedure, Fee structure and the career opportunities etc.
MBBS From Germany
1) Eligibility Criteria For Indian Students
Well, the admission eligibility criteria are the first and the foremost thing which comes into the consideration for the Indian students in order to study medicine in Germany.
We are here listing down the simplified MBBS admission eligibility criteria of Germany’s medical institutions for the consideration of Indian students, so that they can accordingly check their own eligibility status.
- Candidate must have qualified the 10+ exam from a well recognised Indian board of education in the mandatory subjects of physics,Chemistry and Biology.
- The minimum passing percentage agreegate in the 10+2 exam should be 90% or more for the better chance of being shortlisted for the admission purpose.
- Deutsche Speachprufung fur den Hochschulzugang (DSH) is the mandatory German exam for the international medical aspirants admission seekers in Germany.
- The language proficiency exams IELTS/TOEFL are also required in the course of admission.
2) How To Apply For Medical Courses
If you want to study medical course in Germany then you are supposed to follow up a particular process of admission in order to seek your admission into the German’s medical institutions.
We are here mentioning the step by step admission process for the consideration and understanding of all the students.
- Be clear with the name of German medical institution/University where you want to seek your admission.
- Now you can make your online admission application to such college or University along with all the required documents before the deadline.
- Now it may take around a week or more to receive the response letter from the institution and once you get the admission acceptance approval letter then you need to get started with the immigration formalities.
- Make your student Visa application after receiving the admission approval letter from the University/institution.
- Once your Visa is ready then you will be informed to collect it from the Indian German embassy.
You can fly to Germany as soon as you get your student Visa in your hand.
3) Documents Requirements For Admission in Medical Schools
Medical Universities in Germany requires some important set of the document from the medical aspirants, in order to check out the eligibility and the credentials of the student.
We are here mentioning the list of all the important documents which you must keep with you.
- A valid passport along with the student Visa.
- Passport size photos.
- The academic qualification certificate of the candidate.
- At least one letter of recommended for the student.
- Character and the transfer certificates.
- TOEFL/IELTS qualifications certificate.
- Medical fitness certificate of the candidate.
4) Course Duration For Studying Medicine
The medical degree from Germany takes the typical duration of 5+1 years just like any other European country. The one last year in the program is kept for the internship program of the medical students, in which they can check and harness their medical practical skills on the dead bodies of the patient.
The whole duration of the program has been decided accordingly so that both the academics and the internship program can be assimilated and undertaken by the students easily.
5) Cost of Studying/ MBBS Fees Structure
The majority of the Indian medical aspirants are concerned with the MBBS in Germany fee since the fee structure has a significant role in choosing any specific medical college. Here the aspirants can have some basic idea about the MBBS fee structure in Germany.
|Duration of Program||6 Years|
|Duration of Course Language||6-8 Months|
|Language Fee||4-6 Lacs Per Annum|
|Cost of Living||40,000-50,000|
|Health Insurance Charges||6,000|
|Ticket of Travel||16000-50,000|
|Approximate First Year Total Fee||12,00,000|
6) Best Medical Colleges/ Universities
We all want to get medical degree from Germany and beyond that we want our admission into the best medical colleges/Universities of this country. We are here suggesting some top medical institutions of Germany for the Indian students.
- Freie Universitate Berlin
- Universitat Heidelberg
- RWTH Aachen University
- Universitat Bonn
- Georg August Universitat Gottingen
- Ludwig Maximimlian Universitat Munchen
Advantages of Studying MBBS Course in Germany for Indian Students
Well, yes there are some specific advantages to studying the MBBS program from Germany for the Indian students, which provide them the edge of considering Germany for their medical education.
You can here check out some major advantages here below.
- There is almost No or very low tuition fee of MBBS in Germany.
- Almost all the medical colleges of Germany are approved by the Medical Council of India.
- There are some medical Universities in Germany which offer the free of cost medical education to the students.
- The standard of education and the medical infrastructure is top notch in Germany.
- There is no donation free required to study MBBS in Germany.
- Students get the global recognition of their MBBS medical degree from Germany.
- As a student the cost of living in Germany is quite economical than as living the resident or the tourist of the country.
Disadvantages of Studying MBBS Course in Germany
Yes, my friend just like the two facets of a coin there are some disadvantages as well of studying MBBS from Germany. Here you can take into consideration all such disadvantages for your reference.
- The very first limitation is the language barrier as German is spoken on a local scale in the country due to which the communication may be challenging for the Indian students.
- The cost of living in Germany is very high even for the students as well due to which the Indian medical student discard the option.
- The weather of Germany is completely different from India as Germany remains cold and windy for the maximum part of the year.
Job Opportunities in India after MBBS from Germany
Well, the German medical degree in India is highly recognised across all the private medical institutions of the country. The standard of medical education in Germany is very high which is rewarded in India especially across all the private medical hospitals of India, therefore, the medical aspirants have the decent opportunities in India after their medical education.
Moreover, you can also consider starting your medical practice in India after having your medical degree from Germany.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the total cost of MBBS in Germany?
The maximum annual tuition fee of MBBS in Germany may reach as high as 11 Lacs per annum.
2. How to Take MBBS Admission in Germany?
Well, we have already compiled the full step by step medical admission process in the above section of the article. You can refer the above section to check out the same.
3. Can We Apply for the Work Permit after the Completion of MBBS in Germany?
Yes, you are eligible to apply and get you to work permit as soon as you finish your medical education and get your medical degree.
4. What is the list of MCI Approved Medical College in Germany?
Here is the list of MCI approved medical colleges in Germany.
- Tech in Universitat Munchin
- RWTH Aachen University
- Albert Ludwing’s Universitat Freiburg
- Universitat Bonn
- Freie Universitat Berlin
5. What Will be the Average Monthly Expenses in Germany Except MBBS Fee?
The average cost of living in Germany may reach 15-20 thousand per month depending upon the lifestyle of the candidate.
6. Is the German Medical Degree Acceptable in India?
Yes, German medical degree is recognised by the MCI and therefore it has the full value in India.
7. Is the German Language Necessary to Learn for MBBS in German?
No, it’s just an optional language but for the better communication skills, students can go ahead to learn German.
8. Is Entrance Exam Required to Study Medicine in Germany?
No, there is no as such specific and the direct entrance exam in Germany to study medicine there.
9. When Does the Academic Year of German Medical Universities Start?
The last date of applying for MBBS in Germany is July 15th and therefore the academic year may start any time after that.