For medical education like MBBS in Kazakhstan is considered as the most sought-after destinations in Asia. This is owing to a variety of reasons. One of the important and key reason being, affordability. Here, it is absolutely true that students aspiring to become doctors can afford the MBBS program at a fairly reasonable package. This is in comparison to the fee structure not only in India but also in other countries. In this regard, student aspirants should know as to how it is possible to pursue the MBBS from Kazakhstan as it is considered to be the best choice for them.
MBBS In Kazakhstan – Overview
It has been observed every year, there are 11,000 Indian students who get admission to study MBBS abroad. In this regard, for Indian students, MBBS study in Kazakhstan is always found to be worth its money. It is important to note here that the medical universities in Kazakhstan are of world fame because of the availability of high-quality methodology of schooling. The training offered to students in clinical studies in Kazakhstan is considered to be of a high standard, since this form as the most common platform of medical training. In Kazakhstan, all the top medical universities are recognized by MCI, GMC, IMED, USMLE and WHO. A student getting an MBBS degree from Kazakhstan can avail tremendous job opportunities in India and abroad. Obtaining admission to MBBS degree in the best medical universities in Kazakhstan is easy when compared to that of other countries.
MBBS From Kazakhstan:
1) Eligibility Criteria for Indian Students
Any student should know that every MBBS degree college across the world has some kind of eligibility criteria for admission. He/she should satisfy in order to gain admission in the medical college concerned. The aspiring student will observe that there are certain eligibility criteria laid down for admission to MBBS degree in Kazakhstan. This must be fulfilled if he/she intends to get admitted in any of the medical colleges. Here, is a list of eligibility criteria fixed for MBBS study in Kazakhstan. They are:
- The student should have passed the 10+2 examination in subjects, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English. He/she should have scored a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized board.
- A student should have qualified in the NEET exam in the year of admission to MBBS degree
- The aspiring student must have attained the age of 17 years on 31st December of the admission year
- He/she should possess a valid passport.
2) How To Apply For Medical Courses
When once the student understands that he/she can fulfil the desired eligibility criteria prescribed by the medical universities in Kazakhstan, it is easy to know about the process of admission. This needs to be followed in a step by step manner enabling him/her to be successful in gaining an opportunity to join the college in Kazakhstan. All that is to be done is to follow the given steps in a meticulous way to move further in the process. They include:
- After deciding to which university/college the student has to apply, he/she should fill the university application with all the details, perfectly. Thereafter, the student should submit the form along with all the documents required, in the form of scanned copies. The above documents along with the filled application will be sent to the international student’s department.
- The university will review the documents and the student’s application for admission. It may be noted that the decision of acceptance or rejection of the application is entirely left to the admission’s office of the university. If the application is acceptable, the office will intimate the student through oversees admission consultant of the acceptance of the application, in order to proceed further in the admission process.
- Now the university will send the student the admission letter.
- After the receipt of the admission letter, the aspiring student should now submit his/her application for student visa and the passport to the Embassy of Kazakhstan in New Delhi through the admission consultant. Thereafter, the student will be called for an interview.
- After this, the student will get a stamped visa through the consultant and will advise him/her to prepare for departure.
- Now, with the help of the consultant, the student will reach Kazakhstan. Officials from the university will receive the student in Kazakhstan.
- Thereafter, the student will be accommodated in the hostel room of the university.
- Further, the student will pay the tuition fees to the international student’s department of the university and join the MBBS course to study.
3) Documents Requirement For Admission in Medical Schools
Documents required for MBBS admission in Kazakhstan include:
- Scanned copy of passport
- Photograph of the student in the form of passport size
- Scanned record of transcripts consisting of mark sheets of 10th and 12th and birth certificate
- Scanned copies of NEET and its scorecard
- Scanned certificate of clearance of police obtained after receiving the passport
- No objection certificate or Affidavit for supporting finances
- Statement of Bank accounts
- University has to be paid the tuition fees directly and the final amount may vary somewhat on the basis of exchange rate of currencies on the payment date
- It is compulsory to produce health insurance for international students. This insurance plan should cover all illness or injuries and events such as yearly check-ups.
4) Course Duration For Studying Medicine
The duration of the entire MBBS course in Kazakhstan is 5 year.
Generally, the academic year for MBBS studies starts in September, every year.
5) Cost of Studying/ MBBS Fee Structure
The prescribed tuition fee structure that is payable by the student when he/she enrols for the MBBS course in Kazakh National Medical University, is US $5700 per year. The tuition fee payable by the student to study MBBS degree in Shymkent State Medical University (South Kazakh State Medical University), is US$3600 per year.
In some medical universities of Kazakhstan, the course fee is approximately US$3000 per annum. This means that the student aspirant can complete his/her MBBS course in Kazakhstan within a budget of 12 to 18 lakhs, successfully.
The average living cost amounts to US$200 per month.
6) Best Medical Colleges/ Universities
The following is a list of top MCIs approved medical universities in Kazakhstan.
- Kazakh National Medical University
- Kazakhstan Medical Institute
- Semey State Medical University
- South Kazakhstan State Medical Academy
- Kazakh State Medical Colleges
- Karaganda State Medical Colleges
- Semipalatinsk State Medical Colleges
- West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov State Medical University
- Astana Medical University Kazakhstan
- Chimkent State Medical Colleges
Advantages of Studying MBBS Course in Kazakhstan for Indian Students
The following are some of the advantages of studying MBBS degree course in Kazakhstan for Indian students. They include:
- The cost factor is considered as the foremost advantage that a student can observe in Kazakhstan. He/she will be able to complete the entire course at a very low and affordable package with quality education.
- Most of the Medical colleges in Kazakhstan are approved by WHO and other countries’ medical authorities, like MCI in India. Hence, the student can expect complete recognition of the MBBS degree in India as well as in any country.
- In Kazakhstan, the student aspirant will not find any entrance examination for getting admission into the MBBS course. For Indian students, qualifying in NEET is sufficient.
- Students can apply for a scholarship that can work as their monetary assistant. With this aspect in mind, the medical colleges available in Kazakhstan in association with the government offers scholarship programs to students who come from a financially weaker section.
- In Kazakhstan, students who are able to gain admission into a good medical university that fall under the top ten MBBS colleges can get the advantage of more opportunities in their lives. After completing MBBS, MD in Kazakhstan is an excellent option. However, students from India normally prefer for their PG program in Germany, after MBBS in Kazakhstan.
Disadvantages of Studying MBBS Course in Kazakhstan
The following are some of the disadvantages of studying MBBS degree in Kazakhstan. They include:
- It is essential for the student to learn and speak the country’s native language as it will enable them to communicate properly with local patients and other students.
- Even though the medical colleges in Kazakhstan are recognized by WHO, still it may not be possible to find a considerable range of medical colleges in Kazakhstan to study MBBS by the Indian students.
- In Kazakhstan, the medical infrastructure available is not considered as advanced in comparison to that of other countries.
Job Opportunities in India after MBBS from Kazakhstan
The job opportunities for successful MBBS graduates from Kazakhstan are good as they have to take a screening test conducted by the MCI. Getting good grades in this test is important as they will have plenty of job opportunities in private as well as government-owned hospitals. They can also practice privately by opening their own medical clinics.
The medical degree obtained from Kazakhstan is certainly acceptable in India. The degree is recognized by WHO. The MBBS degree holder from Kazakhstan can increase his/her job opportunities to a greater extent by clearing FMGE with a license to practice in India.
After successful completion of the MBBS degree, the students can opt for campus selection, and based on their merits they may get opportunities. Upon selection, they will be given a suitable appointment letter to work in Kazakhstan, which includes work permit for a limited number of years. This is based on the rules and regulations laid down by the Government of Kazakhstan.
Students can find that there are MCI approved medical colleges in Kazakhstan. Accordingly, Indian parents can seek admission to their children. Here, an important aspect for the parents to note is that the fee structure should be managed rationally. However, the fee structure of Kazakhstan medical colleges is low than the medical colleges in India. Besides, the cost of living is cheaper in comparison to that of other foreign universities. This is one of the greatest plus points that a student will find while studying MBBS in Kazakhstan. Indian students will not find heavy expenses on their pockets at any stage.