Malaysia is a very famous Southeastern country of the Asian continent which is the constitutional monarchy with the 13 states. Kuala Lumpur is both the largest city and the official capital of the country which is also the heart of the country.
Malaysia is having the market economy and till 2005 the economy of the country used to be the fastest-growing economy in the whole of Asia. The economy of the country is mainly based on industrial activities and the country holds more of the urban population in its GDP.
MBBS in Malaysia- Overview
In the educational sector as well Malaysia is having the grown share and you can find the world-class educational institutions in the country to avail almost all kinds of the educational programs both in the academics and in the professional domains.
MBBS from Malaysia has always been the considerable option to the Indian medical aspirants who want to study the programs such as MBBS from the Asian continent itself.
So, if you are also considering Malaysia for your medical program then this article is going to be very frightful for you to provide you all the information about the program.
MBBS From Malaysia
1) Eligibility Criteria for Indian Students
Well, in order to study medicine in Malaysia the Indian students must satisfy a certain admission eligibility criteria of the Malaysian medical Universities/Colleges, which is mandatory in the course of admission for all the students.
You can check out the complete eligibility criteria here below in the section.
- The minimum age of the applicant should be 17 years of age mark.
- Being the Indian candidate you must have qualified the 10+2 exam in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- The minimum passing percentage of the Indian candidates in the 10+2 exam should be 70% on the aggregate basis.
- The language proficiency exam such as the IELTS/TOEFL is also required.
NEET is mandatory for all Indian students.
2) How To Apply For Medical Courses
Well, if you want to study medical course in Malaysia then you must be aware of the medical admission process of the concerned medical University/College so that you can easily make your admission application.
Here we are providing you with the step by step admission process of the country for your utmost ease.
- In Malaysia, first of all, you need to be specific with the University/college where you want to apply for the admission.
- Next, you are advised to check the admission eligibility criteria of the University and assess whether you satisfy the eligibility criteria.
- Keep all your documents ready and then make your admission application online to the concerned medical college/University.
- The University will take some time to process the admission application and then you will be informed about the same.
- Once your admission application is approved then you are eligible to follow the rest of the admission formalities and submit your admission fee to the University.
- The student visa will be issued by the University itself to the students after all the formalities regarding the admission.
3) Documents Requirements For Admission in Medical Schools
As we have already discussed in the above section of the article that the Indian students must keep certain documents readily available with them in order to undertake the medical course in Malaysia.
You can check out the list of all those documents below for your reference.
- All the academics educational certificates of the candidates for the class 10th&10+2
- Valid passport of the candidate.
- Admission reference letter.
- Passport size photos of the candidate.
- Medical fitness certificate.
- Character and transfer certificates
- Other required documents.
4) Course Duration For Studying Medicine
The medical colleges in Malaysia offer the 5 years bachelor program of MBBS to all its native and the foreign medical student which is 1 year lesser than the typical duration of this program.
The program is also comprised of the internship period within the same duration and this 5-year program is equally recognised across the world just like the 6-year MBBS program from any other country.
There are wide numbers of the students who take admission into the Malaysian medical Universities due to the 5 years study program of the country.
5) Cost of Studying/ MBBS Fees Structure
MBBS in Malaysia fee structure is a very important key criterion in the Indian context as the Indian medical aspirants take the fee structure into their consideration while choosing the medical Universities for their MBBS program.
We are here listing down the MBBS fee structure of the various medical Universities/colleges of Malaysia.
|Number of Years/Semesters||Fee Structure in US Currency|
|First Year Fee||USD 28000|
|Second Year Fee||USD 26000|
|Third Year Fee||USD 30000|
|Fourth Year Fee||USD 30000|
|Fifth Year Fee||USD 32000|
|Total Fee Structure||USD 146000|
Kindly note that the above-mentioned fee structure does not include the cost of living and other charges, therefore, Indian students must keep it in their consideration.
The other charges such as cost of living, hostel and the food facilities may cost the Indian student around $2400 per month basis
6) Best Medical Colleges/ Universities
We all want to get a medical degree from Malaysia and being the neighbourhood Asian nation for this purpose, we seek the best possible medical Universities/Institutions of the country.
Here we are suggesting you some of the best medical colleges/Universities of Malaysia.
- University of Malaya
- SEGI University
- University Sains
- MAHSA University
- International Medical University
- Newcastle University of Medicine
- Asia Metropolitan University
Advantages of Studying MBBS Course in Malaysia for Indian Students
You can check out some specific advantages of undertaking the MBBS program from Malaysia, which will help you in making your final decision regarding the MBBS admission into the country.
- Malaysia is the neighbourhood nation of India which is not so far from here as you can just reach there in the span of 2 and half hours.
- There is no entrance exam in Malaysian medical colleges/Universities for the MBBS admission.
- You can seek the donation free MBBS admission in Malaysian medical institutions.
- The majority of the Malaysian medical Universities of Malaysia are approved and recognised by the Medical Council of India & WHO.
- The climate of Malaysia is also very favourable to the Indian students in the course of their studies.
- The medium of MBBS program in Malaysia is English which is very compatible with the Indian students.
Disadvantages of Studying MBBS Course in Malaysia
There are some limitations as well of studying MBBS in Malaysia for the Indian students due to which the majority of the Indian medical aspirants turn down the option of studying MBBS from there.
Here we are listing down the major disadvantages of MBBS from Malaysia.
- The first and foremost disadvantage is of the fee structure as the tuition cost of MBBS in Malaysia is very high in the comparison of Indian and the other Nation’s medical Universities.
- The internship program of the country is not very suitable for the Indian students as they offer the exposure of dummy internship to the students.
- The cost of living and the other charges are also very high in Malaysia.
Job Opportunities in India after MBBS from Malaysia
Malaysia is a developed Nation and is one of the highly expensive countries to live in the Asian continent which has the modern medical infrastructure in its medical institutions.
The majority of the Indians don’t choose the country just because of its highly expensive fee structure, but the ones who choose the country get the full value of their medical degree in India.
It’s the matter of expertise and you will be having the full value of your medical degree from Malaysia in India both in the domain of practice or in the professionalism as well.
Frequently Asked Questions- MBBS in Malaysia
You can check out some frequently asked question’s answers here regarding the MBBS from Malaysia for your consideration.
1. What is the Total Cost of MBBS in Malaysia?
The total cost of MBBS IN Malaysia is going to surpass 1 crore rupees which is just the tuition fee.
2. How to Take MBBS Admission in Malaysia for Indian Students?
All the Indian students can check out the full admission process of Malaysian medical Universities in the above section of the article.
3. Can We Apply for the Work Permit after completion of MBBS in Malaysia?
Yes, you can get the work permit from Malaysian medical Universities right after the completion of the course.
4. What is the List of MCI Approved Medical College in Malaysia?
Here is the list of MCI approved medical colleges in Malaysia
- Taylor’s Medical University
- Asia Metropolitan University
- AIMST University
- International Medical University
- Lincoln University
- MAHSA University
5. What Will be the Average Monthly Expenses Malaysia Except MBBS Fee?
The average cost of living in Malaysia may vary from $700-$800 in the city of Kuala Lumpur.
6. Is the Russian Medical Degree Acceptable in India?
Yes, the Malaysian medical degree is fully acceptable in India.
7. Is Entrance Exam Required to Study MBBS in Malaysia?
There is no as such specific entrance exam in the Malaysian medical Universities, therefore, you can seek the direct admission there.
8. When Does the Academic Year of Malaysian Medical Universities Start?
The first semester of the Medical Universities of Malaysia starts from January onwards.