The Philippines is one of those countries which come forward as the top destinations of medical studies for the Indian or the other Asian continent aspirants. The country is located in the South-East Asian continent and is known for its archipelagic characteristics as it has enormous islands.
MBBS in Philippines – Overview
The country is having a decent educational infrastructure as well in every domain and medical is one of those. The country holds the high standards of medical education in its globally recognised medical institutions, which are well approved by the Medical Council of India as well.
Here in this article, we are going to discuss the MBBS in the Philippines for all those Indians and the other aspirants, who want to study this course from the Philippines.
We urge you to go through the whole article in order to get the answer to your every query on the way regarding all the aspects of this program.
MBBS From Philippines:
1) Eligibility Criteria for Indian Students
All the Indian students who are looking forward to pursuing MBBS from the Philippines must make themselves aware of the admission eligibility criteria of this program from the Philippines.
The admission eligibility criteria are mandatory in nature and must be satisfied by all the aspirants, therefore you should check out this eligibility criterion below.
- Candidates must have attained the minimum age of 17 years at the time of making the admission application.
- The minimum education of the candidates should be 10+2 in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- There must be a minimum score of 50% passing aggregate in the 10+2
- English must have been the mandatory subject in the academic of the candidate.
NEET is mandatory for all the Indian candidates.
2) How to Apply For Medical Courses
Well, with you will study medicine in the Philippines you must make yourself aware with the admission process of the Philippines medical institutions so that you can seek your admission at the right time.
Here you can check out the complete admission process for the MBBS medical program of Philippine.
- First and foremost the candidates have to register themselves for the National Medical Admission Test (NMAT) of the country which is mandatory for the admission in any medical colleges of country.
- After qualifying the NMAT exam the candidates need to select the specific medical college/university where they want to study the course.
- Candidates can make the online admission application to such college/University.
- Now candidates need to wait for some weeks unless the admission application is processed.
- If the institution becomes satisfied with the admission application of the candidate then the letter of acceptance will be forwarded to the candidate from the institution.
- Now candidate can go ahead with the admission formalities by producing all the required documents and paying the required fee to the University/institution.
- Students will be granted the students visa and then they can fly to the Philippines to attend their classes.
3) Documents Required For Applying in Medical Schools
Any candidate who wants to study medical course in the Philippines must be having all the required documents with them which are necessary in the course of admission.
The documents prove the academic education of the candidates along with many other aspects and you can check out the list of these documents here below.
- Birth certificate copies.
- The mark sheets of 10& 10+2 standards of the candidates.
- Minimum of 3 passport size photos of the candidate.
- Copy of Visa application
- Medical fitness certificate
- Bank solvency certificate for the parents of a candidate.
- Original document of admission application acceptance
- A police clearance certificate from the Embassy of the Philippines.
4) Course Duration For Studying Medicine
The medical Universities in the Philippines offer the MBBS program with the standard duration of 5 and half year including the internship period. This duration is half year less than the MBBS programs of the other countries which can be a significant point for some students.
In the MBBS program first 16 months are allotted to the students in which they get the foundation education of the medicine and then they are provided with the advanced studies of medicine.
In the last year, the students are provided with the exposure of the clinical rotation or the internship program in the hospitals where they can check their practical knowledge of medicine and surgery.
5) Cost of Studying/ MBBS Fees Structure
MBBS in Philippines fee structure is the key aspect of admission for all the Indian students who want to study MBBS in this country. The fee structure varies from the one University/Institution to the other,thus you must check out the one such institution whose fee structure can be economical for yourself.
Here we are mentioning the MBBS fee structure of the major medical Institutions of Philippines.
|Name of University/College||Fee Structure in Indian Currency|
|University of Perpetual Help||18,12,000|
|Angeles University Foundation||23,40,000|
|Our Lady of Fatima University||23,14,000|
|AMA School of Medicine||15,62,000|
|Davao Medical School Foundation||19,50,000|
|Bicoi Christian College||12,00,000|
6) Best Medical Colleges/Universities
There are many medical Universities/Institutions in the Philippines, which offer the MBBS and other medical courses to the aspirants, therefore choosing the one among them can be a difficult task.
Here we are mentioning some of the best MBBS institutions/Universities of the country, which you can surely consider for your MBBS program.
- AMA School of Medicine
- University of Philippines
- Davao School of Medicine
- University of Perpetual Help
- Our Lady of Fatima University
- Bicol Christian College of Medicine
- Cebu Doctors University of Medicine
Advantages of Studying MBBS Course in the Philippines for Indian Students
If you are still confused with the thought that whether or not you should choose Philippines for your MBBS program, then you should check out some certain advantages of undertaking this program from the Philippines.
- The Philippines is the third English language speaking country in the world and therefore you will get the English as the medium language of your medical program.
- The Philippines offer the affordable cost of living and the medical fee is also reasonable.
- Philippines is the best alternative to the United States for MBBS education as it offers a similar standard of education.
- The country has very jovial and relaxed climate conditions which are joyful to all the students.
- Indian students can even get Indian standard food in the country.
Disadvantages of Studying MBBS in Russia
Well, just like the other facet of the coin studying MBBS in the Philippines brings some disadvantages as well to the students, which they should keep in their mind.
Here we are mentioning the major disadvantages of MBBS from the Philippines.
- The candidate needs to choose their education agent in a very careful manner since there are many fake agents in the country who are robbing the students.
- NMAT score by the candidate should be a minimum of 50% to secure the admission which may be difficult to many students.
- The local language is given preference in the daily communication course with the other local people.
- The international students may face some partiality issues during the course of their internship program.
Job Opportunities in India After MBBS From the Philippines
First of all, we would urge all the Indian candidates to study MBBS only from the MCI approved medical colleges of Philippines and the secondary yes there are huge opportunities for the Indian candidates, who have finished their MBBS from the Philippines.
The candidates are offered decent placement opportunities in the country as the medical professionals into the top medical institutions of country, or they can start their own medical practice after having the degree.
You can even move to the United States on the basis of your medical degree from the Philippines where it is given the most significant importance.
Frequently Asked Questions- MBBS in the Philippines
Well, in this section of the article we are going to answer some commonly and frequently asked questions by the aspirants regarding the MBBS from the Philippines.
1. What is the Total Cost of MBBS in the Philippines?
The average cost of MBBS in the Philippines may vary from 15 Lakhs to 25 Lakhs in Indian currency.
2. How to Take MBBS Admission in the Philippines for Indian Students?
Well, we have mentioned the full-fledge admission process of MBBS from the Philippines in the above section of the articles and you can check it out there.
3. Can We Apply for Work Permit after the completion of MBBS in the Philippines?
Yes, as soon as you finish off your MBBS education from Philippines you can start working as the medical professional in the Philippines or anywhere in the world.
4. List of MCI Approved Medical College in the Philippines?
You can check out the list of MCI approved medical colleges in the Philippines here.
- Angeles University Foundation
- Bicol Christian College of Medicine
- Cagyan State University
- De La Salle University of Health and Science
- Cagyan State University
- Davao Medical School Foundation
5. What Will be the Average Monthly Expenses in the Philippines for MBBS except for Fee?
If we define the monthly expenses of MBBS from the Philippines other than the fee then it may cost you around 12000 to 15000 per month.
6. Is the Philippines Medical Degree Acceptable in India?
Yes, your MBBS degree from the Philippines would be having full value in India.
7. Is Philippines Language Necessary to Learn for MBBS in the Philippines?
No, it’s just optional to you as English is the medium of studies there for medical education.
8. Is Entrance Exam Required to Study Medicine in the Philippines?
NMAT is the national level exam which is mandatory to study medicine in the Philippines.
9. When Does the Academic Year of Philippines Medical Universities Start?
The University finishes the admission process by the end of July, therefore, the academic year may start after or from the same month.