Romania is a country with a peaceful and beautiful environment. It is located in Europe. Many Indian students are opting to study MBBS in Romania due to peaceful environment and a safe environment. The climate of the country is moderate, and summers are found to vary from warm to hot weather. However, the winters are cold. Romania is full of attractive sceneries. Being the safest country, it is considered as the most popular destination for students to come and study MBBS course. Interested students are attracted from all over the globe as MBBS course is taught in languages like German, French, Romanian and English. In General, the infrastructure available for imparting a variety of educational programs is of high quality.
MBBS In Romania – Overview
Among Indian students, MBBS course in Romania is considered as a popular and well-known option for its high-quality based education. Students who plan to study MBBS in Romanian universities can do so as the fee structure is affordable. In Romania the standard of living is high, but the living cost is considered to be low. This is one of the major reasons as to why many Indian students seek admission to MBBS course offered in this country. There are several MCI approved universities in Romania. Top and reputed medical institutions use English as the medium of instruction to teach MBBS course. Besides, students studying MBBS get an opportunity to understand the concept of medical subjects. This enables them to have a firm grip over the subject.
MBBS From Romania:
1) Admission Eligibility Criteria for Indian Students
The eligibility criteria required for Indian students to gain admission to many top medical colleges in Romania are as follows.
- The aspiring student should be aged more than 17 years and less than 25 years on the 31st of the year of admission
- The applicant should have completed his/her 10+2 exam with subjects like Physics, Chemistry, and Biology from recognized board in the country
- Besides, he/she should have passed English as a subject since the medium of teaching MBBS course in Romania is English
- The applicant should have scored 55% aggregate by passing the 10+2 exam
- The aspiring student should have qualified in the NEET examination with a minimum score of 130 to 150
2) How To Apply For Medical Courses
The procedure used for seeking admission in Romanian MBBS colleges/universities for Indian students consists of several steps.
- In the first instance, the interested candidate should select the university in which he/she plans to take up MBBS admission. This is done by understanding the fee structure, cost of living, accommodation and its comfort, affordability and pros and cons of studying in that university. After assessing all these, the student can get in touch with the medical university and obtain an application form for applying through online.
- After filling the application form for admission to the course, the student must attach the required documents and fees. The documents for admission, include academic documents consisting of school certificates and mark sheets, records of transcripts, a certified copy of a birth certificate, recent medical check-up certificate, certified copies of passport, photographs and the application for visa.
- Now the application along with the documents is to be forwarded to the Romanian medical university through online. The university will review the student’s application for admission and accept the candidate for admission. Accordingly, they will release a letter of acceptance from the Ministry of Education of Romania, which will be sent to the candidate, seeking admission.
- A student on receiving this Letter of Acceptance should now plan to apply for Romanian Student Visa at the Romanian Consulate or Embassy office at New Delhi in India. In general, it is required for all the students seeking MBBS admission from non-European countries to apply for Student Visa prior to the arrival in Romania.
- For obtaining a Romanian student visa, the following documents are needed. They are:
- Completely filled application form, which can be done online on the web portal of the Embassy of Romania
- Letter of Acceptance received by the candidate from the university in which he/she is seeking admission
- Number of photographs as detailed in the embassy portal
- Payment proof of tuition fee for the first year
- Proof of financial support for completing the entire course of study
- Certificate of no criminal record
- Medical insurance coverage for the complete duration of stay in Romania
- Approval from Guardian confirming that the student aspirant is proceeding abroad to study as per parents’ wishes
- Fee for processing the visa
- The processing of visa will take about ninety days and hence, students are instructed to apply for the visa as early as possible upon receiving the acceptance letter from the university. It is essential for the applicant to study all the instructions and guidelines mentioned on the website of the Embassy.
- After obtaining the student visa from the Romanian embassy in New Delhi, the student will have to plan his/her departure dates and reach Romania. On arrival in the country, the student will have to report to the university and join the MBBS course. Further, the student has to make his/her application for obtaining Residence Permit, which initially is valid for one year. Thereafter, it should be renewed every year. Here, the university will assume the responsibility of revalidating the permit every year before it gets expired. Moreover, for students who come to Romania on scholarships, this residential permit is released for the entire duration of study, which does not require renewal every year.
The academic year in all the Romanian medical university commences from August to September.
3) Documents Requirement For Admission in Medical Schools
Some of the important documentation for studying MBBS in Romania are as follows. They include:
- Birth certificate indicating the birth date of the candidate.
- Self-attested copies of passing certificate of Secondary School, mark sheet, school leaving certificate.
- Certificate of Fitness/medical certificate in English. It can be in other languages like, French, Romanian or German.
- Invitation letter from the university from which he/she is seeking admission.
- Proof of fee receipt issued from the university
- Copy of valid passport
- Passport size photographs
4) Course Duration For Studying Medicine
The actual duration of the MBBS degree course in Romania adds up to six years with five years of course involving classroom studies. In addition, for another year, the student has to undergo an extensive internship program.
5) Cost of Studying/ MBBS Fee Structure
MBBS fee structure for studying in Romania involves a tuition fee varying from 3900 to 7000 Euros, per year. This depends on the factors like, rankings, facilities, courses and results of the university in which he/she is looking for admission. The cost of living in Romania varies from Rs.13,000 to Rs.20,000, per month.
6) Best Medical Colleges/ Universities
Some of the best and MCI approved medical colleges/universities for pursuing MBBS degree in Romania include:
- University of Medicine and Pharmacy Targu Mure
- Victor Babes University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Timisoara
- Oradea University, Faculty Of Medicine and Pharmacy
- University of Medicine and Pharmacy Carol Davila of Bucharest
- Cluj Napoca University
- Ovidus Medical University.
Advantages of Studying MBBS Course in Romania for Indian Students
The following are some of the significant advantages that an Indian student can derive while studying for an MBBS course in Romania. They are:
1. There is no entrance test required to pursue MBBS degree in Medical Universities in Romania. NEET qualification is adequate to obtain admission.
- No capitation fee is charged by any of the universities.
- Students seeking admission from India can be admitted successfully in those institutions, which are recognized by the Medical Council Of India after qualifying in the screening test conducted by the MCI.
- Owing to the availability of highly equipped multi-profile hospitals in Romania, the students can expect a broad exposure to clinical practices.
- Affordable and low tuition fee is being charged from students.
- All the medical colleges in Romania are acknowledged through elite bodies like the MCI and WHO.
- Students studying in Romania will find that the living cost is quite low.
- In Romania, the MBBS courses follow English language as its medium of instruction as it is one of the most spoken languages across the globe.
- Accommodation in the Hostel for Students are found to be comfortable and of high quality.
- Great academics and sports are provided to the students of MBBS colleges in Romania.
- Students gaining MBBS degree from Romanian medical colleges are well recognized throughout the globe and hold great worth.
- Successful MBBS graduates from Romania are eligible to work in government hospitals and their MBBS degree is acceptable in India as well as throughout the globe.
- Medical students are offered practical training in government hospitals in Romania.
Disadvantages of Studying MBBS Course in Romania
The following are some of the disadvantages that a student can face while studying MBBS degree in Romania. They are:
- The student may have to put additional efforts to learn Romanian language after his/her regular class hours. This will certainly help the student to interact with Romanian patients in a better way.
- The process of obtaining a student visa for studying MBBS degree in Romania is very difficult and it takes more than two months after the submission of documents to the concerned embassy. With this in mind, the students seeking admission should start applying early.
- Most of the time in Romania, the climate is cold. Accordingly, the students have to adjust themselves to this type of climatic conditions.
- Those students who plan to study and work together to cover their expenses might face hardships. This is owing to the reason that the students have to do their own self-study.
Job Opportunities in India After MBBS from Romania
Job opportunities in India after MBBS from Romania are plenty. Being a medical graduate from Romania, it is possible for him/her to explore sufficient vacancies in top-rated hospitals in India apart from other employment industries like NGOs and outsourcing businesses, where learners can readily do find part-time job opportunities. It is also possible for a student to do an internship after completing the 5-year medical program in Romania. For this purpose, he/she has to clear the MCI screening test conducted by the MCI.
Regarding the MCI test in India, this is conducted twice a year with no negative marking and the passing grade is 50%. On clearing this test, medical graduates of Indian origin, are allowed to practice anywhere in India.
It is possible to apply for a work permit in Romania for students who have successfully completed their MBBS program. Universities offer job placement in Romania and other countries in the western region. Students while studying in Romania can work and earn some money.