Russia is a world-famous country which is located in Eastern Europe and is the major part of the continent. It is also the world’s largest country in the world in terms of its land geographical area and the world’s ninth most populous country.
Russia is a developed country where you can witness the fully developed and the modern infrastructure in each and every field of the country. Specifically if we talk about the educational domain of the country then the country holds one of the best medical infrastructures in the whole world.
The Indian candidates have always been fascinated by availing the medical education from Russia since 1996 and there are over 6000+ doctors who have been become the top medical professionals by far.
So, if you are willing to study MBBS in Russia, then we are going to guide you in the same context through this of our article. We urge you to read the entire article at once to get all the required information of MBBS or medical education from Russia just at a single place.
MBBS From Russia :
1) Eligibility Criteria for Indian Students
Well, we urge all the MBBS aspirants to make themselves aware with the eligibility criteria of studying MBBS from Russia, since without meeting this eligibility criterion no admission can proceed.
You can check out the admission eligibility criteria below in this section.
- First of all the candidate needs to be a minimum of 17 years of age at the time of admission application.
- Candidate must have qualified the 10+2 exam in the mandatory subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Biology from any of the recognised school or board of education.
- There should be a minimum score of 50% in the 10+ 2 exams by the candidate in the above-mentioned subjects.
- As per the latest notification from the MCI the NEET is a mandatory exam to be qualified for those candidates as well who want to study MBBS from abroad.
2) How To Apply For Medical Courses
In this section, we are going to discuss the procedure, by which candidates can initiate their admission process to any of the Medical University in Russia for the MBBS program.
We urge the aspirants to keep this process in their consideration and follow it in the same order.
- First of all, the candidate needs to choose the specific University or the college in which the candidate wants to have an admission.
- Once the candidate is clear with the college/University name then they can make the admission application to that specific institution at the online mode.
- The majority of the Russian medical institutions open their admission during the period of 1st April to 31 July thus you need to make your admission application in the same window.
- In the admission application just make sure that you qualify all the admission eligibility criteria and attach all the required documents.
- There is no direct entrance examination in the medical institutions of Russia for the MBBS admission,however, some medical institutions may require the SAT exam qualification from the candidates.
- The candidates who meet out all the eligibility criteria of the concerned institution then will be informed about the admission confirmation for the same.
3) Documents Requirements For Admission in Medical Schools
Well, in addition, to meet out the admission eligibility criteria the candidates must have the right set of documents along with them so that the admission process can be executed without any delay of Medical colleges in Russia
Here below you can check out the list of those documents which you must keep with you during the course of admission.
- 10& 10+2 qualification certificates
- A valid visa and passport of the candidate
- Minimum of 6 passport size photos
- Copy of NEET qualification for the Indian candidates
- Character & transfer certificates
- Other required documents.
4) Course Duration For Studying Medicine
Well, the MBBS from the medical Universities in Russia contains the typical duration of 6 years where the first 5 years are about the academics and the last 1 year is for the internship program.
In the academics studies, the candidates are taught the basic to advanced level studies of medicines and then in the last 1 year, they are provided with the practical exposure to test their medical knowledge and enhance their skills.
5) Cost of Studying/ MBBS Fees Structure
The fee structure of the Russian medical Universities varies from one University to the other in accordance with the standard and the prestige of the University.
Here below we are mentioning the MBBS in Russia fee structure of some top Russia medical institutions for the consideration of aspirants.
|Name of the Russian Medical University/College||Full MBBS Fee Structure of University/College|
|Bashkir State Medical University||$35150|
|People’s Friendship University||$54300|
|Kursk State Medical University||$38180|
|Crimea Federal University||$23000|
|Northern State Medical University||$33000|
|Far Eastern Federal Medical University||$30600|
|Kazan Federal University||$37500|
6) Best Medical Colleges/ Universities
We all want to study medicine in Russia from those medical institutions of the country, which are recognised for their excellent standard of education along with the modern medical infrastructure.
If you are also seeking the list of such medical institutions in Russia, then you can check out the list of those institutions below in this section.
- Kazan Federal University
- Altai State Medical University
- Amur State Medical Academy
- Tver State Medical University
- Smolensk State Medical University
- Astrakhan State Medical Academy
- Moscow Medical Academy
- Perm State Medical University
Advantages of Studying MBBS Course in Russia for Indian Students
As we have already specified in this article above, that Russia is the top most prioritised country of the Indian candidates for their medical (MBBS) education.
Here are the top advantages of undertaking the MBBS from Russia.
- Worldwide recognition of the MBBS degree is what inspires the Indian aspirants to study MBBS from Russia.
- The modern medical infrastructure and in-depth exposure of practical knowledge during the internship is the other reason of choosing Russia by the Indian candidates.
- The admission process into the medical institutions of Russia is very straightforward and without any donation requirements.
- Indian candidates who study MBBS from Russia have the highest chances of qualifying the MCI screening test and start their medical practice back in India.
- The majority of the institutions of the Universities in Russia are the government-approved institutions.
Disadvantages of Studying MBBS in Russia
Well, if you want to earn your medical degree from Russia then you must be aware of some certain disadvantages of your such decision after being aware of the advantages.
Here in this section, we are specifying some certain disadvantages for your consideration.
- The first major con is of the language which you will face in the communication with the locals of the country due to the acceptance of only Russian language in the majority.
- The second thing is the climate which is quite harsh to the Indian origin or any Asian continent’s students.
- There are the tiers of the Universities and the Universities which fall under 2nd tier onwards don’t offer the satisfactory standard of education.
- You can even witness some cases of racism in Russia towards the Asian and the dark skin people.
- The medical course curriculum of the Russian medical Universities is quite without any much pressure in the comparison of Indian medical studies which may compromise the quality or the standard of education for some students.
Job Opportunities in India After MBBS from Russia
Well, in India getting medical education from any European country such as from Russia is considered to be very prestigious due to the wide acceptance of the degree.
Yes with the Russian medical degree you can land upon some decent job opportunities in India but then again subject to your knowledge of medicine and with the practical skills.
You can apply to the high profile private medical colleges of India with your Russian medical degree with a decent package of salary. Moreover, you can start your own medical practice in India with the Russian medical degree after qualifying the MCI screening test.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here in this section, we are going to pick some randomly asked FAQ’S by the aspirants and answer them in a suitable manner, so as to sort out the queries of the aspirants.
1. What is the total cost of MBBS in Russia?
Well, it depends upon the chosen medical institutions of Russia yet you can expect the average total cost of $30,000 for the complete program.
2. How to Take MBBS Admission in Russia for Indian Students?
You can check out the full MBBS admission process in Russia for the Indian candidates in the above section of the article.
3. Can We Apply for the work permit after the completion of MBBS in Russia?
Yes, as soon as you finish off your MBBS program from Russia you can get your degree and the license to practice anywhere in Russia or in other countries.
4. What is the list of MCI Approved Medical Colleges in Russia?
You can check out the list of MCI approved medical colleges in Russia here.
- Bashkir State Medical University
- Belgorod State University
- Orel State University
- Crimea State Medical University
- Kazan State Medical University
- Volgograd State Medical University
- Orenburg State Medical University
- Altai State Medical University
5. What will be the average monthly expenses in Russia except for MBBS fee?
It depends upon your lifestyle and the standard of the city in which you are living for your MBBS program. You can expect the monthly living cost anywhere from $180 per month to $320 per month just for your cost of living.
6. Is Russia Medical Degree is Acceptable in India?
Yes, you can get your MBBS degree from any of the MCI approved medical colleges/Universities of Russia with full acceptance in India.
7. Is the Russian Language Necessary to Learn for MBBS in Russia?
No, since the medium of medical education in Russia is English yet it would be better to become good at Russian if you want the best communication skills to communicate with the people of Russia.
8. Is Entrance Exam Required to Study Medicine in Russia?
Some Universities may require the “SAT” exam qualification from the candidates and other than it there is no as such entrance exam.
9. When Does the Academic Year of Russian Medical Universities Start?
The majority of the Medical Universities in Russia begin their academic year from September, which goes on later till June or the end of August in the 2 academic sessions.